Once your Mevo is connected to the Mevo app, you should notice a red button in the bottom left corner of the picture.
To log in and stream to Facebook Live, tap this red button, then tap the Facebook Live icon.
Facebook will open in a browser window and request that you log in and grant certain permissions. You should allow all permissions in order for streaming to Facebook with Mevo to work properly.
If you intend to stream to an audience beyond your Facebook friends (e.g. Public), you should set your default audience as Public. After doing so, you can change your desired audience on a case-by-case basis when you go live (see below).
Learn more about your default privacy settings for Facebook.
Once you allow Facebook permissions, the following screen will appear.
- 1. Choose your Facebook destination along the bottom of the screen; either your Profile, Scheduled Live posts, or Pages. Unfortunately, at this time Groups and Events on Facebook are not supported but we are working on implementing them.
- 2. You may tag your location and set your audience option on the lower right side.
- 3. The gearwheel will open a new page that allows you to toggle Facebook chat on and off, enable audience targeting for Pages, and toggle Continue Streaming on and off. You can also log out of your account.
- 4. Give your stream a title.
- 5. You can also toggle chat on and off here.
- 6. Choose you streaming quality up to 720p.
- 7. Tap Go Live in the upper right corner to start streaming.
Pages will only have 'Public' as the available audience option.
When you go live, the LED ring on the camera will spin red briefly. After this, your stream will begin.
Tap the icon on the bottom left corner to see more information about your stream, including viewer count, battery percentage, bitrate, and a timer.
Tap the information bar again to collapse it.
If you tap a specific statistic, such as viewer count or bitrate, that statistic will still appear next to the red dot when you collapse the information bar. In the below example, the timer is selected.
To end the stream, tap the red dot, and then slide the new, larger red dot to the right.
You can choose to keep your stream in your Facebook feed or not, save on your microSD card (highly recommended), and upload the recording to Vimeo. After making your selection, tap Done.