Our team has tested a variety of adapters, extenders, and mixers to use as audio sources with Mevo. These adapters can be either via the lightning port or the headphone jack on the phone or tablet or via USB on the Mevo Boost.
Listed below are products our team has tested and determined to be compatible with Mevo and the Mevo app. Please note that products that are not listed here have not been tested and we make no guarantees that any audio devices outside of this list will work with Mevo.
3.5mm TRRS plug - Powered Input Devices (Mono)
3.5mm TRRS plug - Passive Input Devices (not self-powered) (Mono)
- CableJive ProJive XLR Microphone Adapter
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface Adapter
RockIt Headphone/Microphone Splitter
- Update as of May 1, 2017: We have received reports of the RockIt Headphone/Microphone Splitter no longer working with Mevo and are currently in the process of re-testing it. We do not recommend using this splitter at this time.
Lightning plug (Stereo)
- Zoom iQ6 iOS Lightning X/Y Microphone
- Shure MVi Digital Audio Interface + USB & Lightning Cable
- Shure MOTIV MV51 Digital Large - Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Shure MOTIV MV88 Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone
- Shure MV5 - Digital Condenser Microphone
- CableJive DocXtender Lightning Extension Cable
- Cellularize Dock Connector Extension Cable for Lightning
3.5mm Microphones (Mono)
- Movo PM20-S Executive Lavalier Clip-on Interview Microphone
- Miracle Sound Deluxe Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone (Note: Amazon indicates this item is currently unavailable and may be discontinued)
- Shure MOTIV MVL Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone
- Aputure A.lav Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
USB Audio Devices (Stereo - Compatible with Mevo Boost)
- Shure MOTIV MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Silver)
- Shure MOTIV MV88 Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone for iOS
- Shure X2U
- Onyx Blackjack
- Focusrite Scarlet 2i2
- Behringer XENYX Q502USB
- AllEasy USB analog audio adapter
- 7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card Audio Adapter for PC Laptop
- Pyle Bluetooth 3-Channel Audio Mixer, USB Audio Interface
A note about the Belkin Lightning Splitter:
This lightning splitter has been tested with the Mevo app and we have found that it works only with certain workflows.
It does work with the TRRS-to-lightning adapter that is included with iPhone 7. It also works with a lightning-to-USB adapter when using a USB audio interface.
TRRS-to-Lightning adapter (included with iPhone 7 and later)
It does not work when directly connecting lightning audio sources and adapters.
What is a TRRS plug?
The key factor determining if your audio source is compatible with the 3.5mm port on mobile devices is the type of plug it has. It must exactly match the form factor seen in recent versions of the Apple earbuds with the built-in microphone, as pictured here:
The red arrows above are pointing to three chrome rings and a chrome tip separated by three much thinner rings. This is referred to as a TRRS plug (tip-ring-ring-sleeve). This is the correct type of audio input that iOS devices can accept.
Mobile devices cannot input audio with plugs that only have 2 or 3 chrome rings, such as those pictured below:
A TS (tip-sleeve) and TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) plug. These are not supported as audio inputs.
We are continually testing more products and will update this list as we find more compatible audio sources.