We update the Mevo app regularly to add new features, improve behaviors, and fix bugs. Below is each major release version and their corresponding release notes.
October 22, 2018
- NEW: We now offer a 7-day Free Trial of the Vimeo Producer plan.
- + Updated Facebook API.
September 4, 2018
- NEW: Stream to any custom RTMP destination
- NEW: Mevo microphone audio enhancements (available in the Audio & Video settings menu)
- NEW: Fullscreen overlay graphics
- NEW: Demo mode for overlay graphics
- + Fixed a bug that prevented users from streaming to Facebook Groups
- + Improved overlay graphics transition
- + Updated settings layout
June 19, 2018
- NEW: Insert graphics overlays including lower thirds, over-the-shoulder graphics, and corner bugs. This feature requires a microSD card (included).*
- NEW: Simplified in-app simulcasting (no Livestream setup required).*
- NEW: Upload recordings from your microSD card directly to Vimeo as soon as your event ends.
- *Requires a Vimeo Producer or Vimeo Premium plan.
- + We’ve improved the image quality in low light environments.
March 7, 2018
+ Added support for Vimeo Premium plan
February 21, 2018
- NEW: Adjust to your image in a convenient overlay menu that allows you to see your changes as you make them.
- NEW: Auto, Shutter Priority, and Manual camera modes to adjust how your camera appears in different lighting environments.
- NEW: Built-in image presets, designed to create the best images for different lighting and camera setups.
- + Ability to see a list of available Wi-Fi networks while in hotspot mode (works with Mevo+ only).
- + Added the ability to select a previously created event and adjust its privacy on the Vimeo platform before going live.
- - Fixed an issue with loading Facebook destinations.
October 24, 2017
- NEW: Support for Mevo Plus
- NEW: Added ability to stream to Vimeo platform
1.6.60 (iOS) / 1.6.30 (Android)
October 3, 2017
- - Fixed various bugs with Facebook integration
- + Feature parity with the iOS version of the Mevo app
- + Electronic Image Stabilization - Optimizes Mevo's picture quality while in motion.
- + Mevos LED ring now includes directional tally lights when used in Studio Remote Camera Mode.
- + Additional frame rate settings - 25/29.97/30 FPS.
- + Network Diagnostic tool.
- + Corrupt recordings may now be fixed within Mevo's library.
- + Fixed issue with Mevo Boost Ethernet reliability (requires Mevo Boost firmware update).
- + Facebook Live audience targeting and video tags.
- + Various smaller bug fixes.
September 27, 2017
- NEW: Electronic Image Stabilization - OptimizesMevos picture quality while in motion.
- NEW: Tally light with Livestream Studio -Mevos LED ring now includes directional tally lights when used in Studio Remote Camera Mode.
- NEW: Additional frame rate settings - 25/29.97/30 FPS.
- NEW: Network Diagnostic tool - Measure your network's reliability straight from the Mevo app.
- NEW: File Recovery tool in Mevo Library - Corrupt recordings may now be fixed within Mevo's library.
- + Fixed issue withMevoBoost Ethernet reliability (requiresMevoBoost firmware update).
- + Added Echo cancellation for analog audio inputs via iOS devices.
- + Added support for advanced Facebook Live audience targeting and video tags.
- + Minor UI updates.
- + Various smaller bug fixes.
July 10, 2017
- + NEW: YouTube Live streaming integration.
- + NEW: 1080p streaming to supported platforms (Livestream and YouTube).
- + NEW: 4K recording (wide shot only). 1080p recording with live editing features.
- + NEW: Facebook enhancements: schedule a stream, tag your friends or location, continuous streaming (removed four-hour cut-off on streams).
March 22, 2017
- + NEW: Stream to Periscope and Twitter directly from Mevo
- + NEW: Control Mevo's field of view and warp level with 5 different options
- + Fixed a regression of image quality that was introduced in Mevo firmware version 1.1 and caused washed out colors in videos
- + Stability of Boosts Ethernet and USB audio features
- + Stability of Mevo Hotspot with iPhone and iPads
- + Live Streaming settings menu now includes more configuration options
- + Stability of Network Configuration
- + Additional small stability fixes
February 20, 2017
- + NEW: Connect USB audio devices to Mevo Boost.
- + Ability to set zoom limits
- + Camera saturation and contrast
- + Stability of Livestream Studio integration
- + Stability when using European iPhones/iPads withMevoHotspot
- + Support for IPv6+ Improved: Support for Networks with Bonjour disabled
- + Numerous smaller stability fixes
August 24, 2016
- + NEW: Press and hold to create static shots
- + NEW: Auto-Pilot editing speed can be adjusted
- + NEW: Use Lightning audio microphones withMevo
- + Improved: Reliability of downloading videos from Library
- + Improved: Other usability and reliability fixes
- - Fixed: Correct audio monitoring level for iPhone audio input
- - Fixed: Bug causing low volume in Library
- - Fixed: Firmware update on password protected Mevo
- - Fixed: Bug causing inability to password protect Mevo hotspot