With Mevo and a Vimeo Live account, you can stream your event directly to a custom-designed embedded player on your website.
Connect to Mevo and tap the red button in the bottom left corner. Towards the right side, you will see an option for My Website with the Vimeo icon. Tap this to log into Vimeo.
Tapping Vimeo will open the window shown below prompting you to either join or log in to Vimeo. If you have an account, tap Log in, then enter your account credentials. You will then need to authorize Mevo to access your Vimeo information to proceed.
You need a Vimeo Premium plan in order to go live to Vimeo. Learn more here.
After authorizing Mevo access to Vimeo, you can configure your stream.
- 1. Create a new event or select a scheduled event from the bottom of the window. If you are not seeing your Vimeo event, you may need to create a new one following these steps.
- 2. Choose your desired audience on the right side, above your events.
- 3. If you are creating a new event, you can give it a title at the top left side of the screen.
- 4. Choose your streaming quality in the upper right corner (up to 1080p).
- 5. When your settings are configured, tap Go Live in the upper right corner to start your stream.
Tapping the gearwheel opens a separate window where you can log out of your Vimeo account.
Your stream will be listed with your videos on your Vimeo account; navigate to Manage Videos > My Videos to find your live video. From there you can get your video's embed code and customize the embed as needed.
When you are live with Mevo, tap the timer displayed to the right of the red dot to temporarily expand the display; this will show your bitrate, timer, battery level, and audio source. If you prefer to see one of these over the other, tap one to choose it.
To end your stream, tap the small red dot, then slide the larger red dot to the right.
By default, "Keep in my Vimeo feed" will be toggled on; this will save the VOD to your Vimeo account. If you do not wish to save the VOD to your account, you may toggle this switch off.
If you have a microSD card inside your camera, "Save to Mevo SD card" will be toggled on by default indicating that a recording will save to your card; this is strongly recommended. If you do not wish to keep a recording of your stream to your microSD, you may toggle this off.
When you have selected your save options, tap Done to return to the live edit view.